Helping You Grow
If you are a small business owner or future small business owner we want to hear from you. Local businesses are what make Hamilton special. Contact us to see if we can help you find a location, connect you with business plan assistance, discuss incentives, or anything else. firstname.lastname@example.org or 513-785-7070
In order to encourage the establishment of for-profit, new businesses and the expansion of existing businesses in the City of Hamilton, the City created and implemented the Design Assistance Program. The program provides business owners interested in renovating an existing or constructing a new building with a grant of up to 5% of the total project cost, to be used for professional architectural/technical services. The maximum grant amount is $10,000 and final amount is dependent on availability of funds.
Design services eligible for funding include those that provide the following:
- Floor plans showing existing and/or new construction
- Building façade improvements
- Preliminary building, zoning and safety code analysis
Qualifications for Funding
- Small business must have no more than 30 employees
- Financial statement is required from all applicants
- Grant proceeds may not be used for in-house or staff design
- Business plan must be submitted
- Project must be consistent with zoning requirements and business district plans
- Only one grant per business address per year
- Minimum project investment of $10,000
- Maximum grant award is 5% of total project cost
- Project must be completed within 12 months of the filing of the application
- Applicant is required to file a $250 application fee, which is refunded upon the issuance of a certificate of occupancy
E-mail or call Liz Hayden for more information or to apply: email@example.com 513-785-7070
Greater Hamilton Chamber of Commerce Microloan
A partnership with First Financial Bank offering low interest loans up to $10,000 to businesses within the City of Hamilton only. These loans are 2% above the prime interest rate and can be paid back over a 4 year period. Loans are based on personal credit score. This is a good option for a start up business, but must have a business plan. Business revenues are $500,000 or less and have 10 or less employees. Click here for more information.
SBA 504 Loan
The SBA 504 loan offers long-term financing at a below-market rate. Possibilities with this loan include real estate acquisition, new construction, renovation of existing buildings, machinery and equipment acquisition, and project-related soft costs. Click here for more information or contact the Small Business Development Center here.
Ohio GrowNow Program
When a business is approved for a loan at an eligible bank, GrowNow provides an additional three percent discount on the loan’s already negotiated interest rate. The program can be used by businesses that are organized for profit, have less than 150 employees and are headquartered in Ohio. Maximum loan is $400,000 and there is no application deadline. Click here for more information.